Friday, March 2, 2012

As much food as possible in 48hrs in Baja

It's been a long time since my last post but. Too long in fact. It's not because I haven't been out there. A few baja trips and even a new rig. Time flies, work gets busy and sometimes you just have to commit to doing the trips or you never go.


My friend Jon and I did a quick trip a little while back down to a place called Cuatro Casas. It's just past Punta Colenet with a remarkable view. Shocker I know since everything down in baja seems to have a great view. He had a new bike to test out and see how Baja worthy it would be. I just wanted to go, period. Just a quick over nighter and I'm always amazed with how far you can go and what you can see in just a weekend.

Rolled out early with packing light but an extra skateboard for good measure. Why the heck would you take a skateboard to baja?


Photobucket


Ended up just jamming through TJ and bombing the coast to Ensenada which was new to me only because we usually cross at Tecate. Lunch at our favorite little place in San Vicente and kept on going past Punta Colenet.


Photobucket


Photobucket


We blasted down the dirt road to Cuatro Casas and Richard was there to welcome us just as the sun was starting to set. Ditched our gear and rolled back to San Telmo to grab some tacos and beer.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Jon grabbed his skateboard and dropped into the Showbowl as I sat and ate my second round of tacos and beer.


The next morning we woke to a great sunrise, strong coffee and a morning skate session.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Gracias and adios to Richard. We'd be back soon and we hit the coast road.


Photobucket


Photobucket


We stopped in to see Lulu at Coyote Cals and grab some water. The weather was perfect and we made great time up the coast road.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Next stop was my favorite road side stand ever in Ensenada.


Photobucket


Campachana is the most delicious seafood mix in the world and this is the best place to get it.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


That didn't fill us up so we ended up heading North to another taco stand where I got at least one of everything. Pork, steak, shrimp, and chicken. Man do I love the food in Mexico.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Table for one...


Photobucket


From there we headed out to Dona Lupe's to grab a few bottles of wine. Made it quick and headed back North over the border. Still is amazing what is in driving distance over a weekend if it's planned out right. Half the time we just figure it out as we go. The biggest thing is just go!

5 comments:

  1. I need to tag along one of these days...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great trip. Did the Sertao lose its beak?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, light off roading and the fender snapped right off. Always fun going down there

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Nate, just ran across your blog. Very nice work! I enjoy reading other riders journals. I just completed my epic ride from Charlotte, NC to the arctic and back... www.adventurecycle.org My next plan is to head west and ride in your neck of the woods. If you ever head to north Carolina look me up and dinner is on me!

    ReplyDelete

Followers