Thursday, April 29, 2010

April Baja Trip Part 2

 We were rollin' really well and having fun. I was picking up the rear but I noticed Gary's left bag was moving around a bit much. On my last trip down one of my buddies had a stock GS1200 with the stock side cases and he had one of his mounts break. Plastic not the best for cases off road. Even light off roading. 

    I was on a mission to catch him before the case broke off. Going over everything and bottoming out the suspension I was at my limit and slowly bringing him back. My horn had died because of the water crossing so no honking could be done. I was able to come up alongside him and as we crested a little roller Gary noticed I was there and pinned it. As we both landed the case ripped off and skipped down the road in front of me. I did all I could not to hit it as Gary railed off. I turned around to pick up the case. As I did that I pulled the bike over in a brain fart move!

     Gary came back helped me pick the beast up and noticed that his case was by his feet. "Hey that's mine!" 


Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket



Back on the main road we saw some nice little birdies 


Photobucket 


Unfortunately once we got just outside Valle de Trinidad Soto's tube let go, again! At least this time we had a nice little place to do the repair. 


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket 


We did like this gravity fed fuel pump system


Photobucket


The locals love to go out wheelin too


Photobucket



Love the baja dogs down there


Photobucket



Here are some shots after fixing the last flat of the trip on our way to Ensenada 


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



Here is Gary and Soto rollin into Ensenada 


Photobucket



We then headed to Dona Lupe's for a bite before heading home. This place is wonderful. I highly recommend checking it out


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


One last stop before getting to the boarder and on our way home


Photobucket


Photobucket



It was a great trip. Just not long enough. The 500 is coming up so might just make it down there soon. Hope you enjoyed the stories and pix

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers