Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Adventure has started!
















So Stacy (my wife) had her birthday this weekend and we celebrated in Palm Springs. A bunch of great friends turned out and we had a blast just chillin' by the pool. We did start the day with a hike at the top of the mountain with her folks before we went into party/chill mode at the pool.





This morning was an early rise to try and beat some of the heat. It was already dang hot in PS but got my coffee and some sweet goodbye's and headed for Zion. There were thunderstorms looming the whole way but nothing produced. The cloud cover was nice but in Vegas the temp went back up to triple digits even with that. In-n-Out was a good call and stopped the cravings until I hit camp. Everything was solid on the bike. New rubber, gear, etc, all good! Made it to Zion with plenty of time to check everything out. Of course that was after I set up camp and when I got my rain fly on the tent the sky opened up! 30min of rain. Hey it's an adventure. What better way to start! After that I took the shuttle up the canyon and checked out the emerald ponds. The weather has been clear and everyone that I've run into have been very pleasant.





Tomorrow I look forward to hitting some dirt. We'll see how everything shakes out! Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers