Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Testing metal

So I've tested my metal for sure. After taking off from Zion I went over some dirt roads to get to the 15. It was a great and missed all the thunderstorms. From Beaver I took the highway east then off road again to Big John's Flat. Hitting the highest point at almost 12k. With a bike this loaded down it was intense. Also what goes up must come down. The decent down to Kimberly was rocky and mostly shale. There were so many ATV's and like a dumbass I waved to some guys and then, you got it, the front washes out. I tried to save it but I was down. Just happy that I didn't go over the edge and down 2000 feet. Tore one bag off and bent the bike rack but with the help from Rich (ATV guy) I was back on my way. Made it to Freemont Campground and did the final repairs. Met Steve, another ATVer, and got some good info on the surrounding trails. I had one road mapped out but decided to pass just to make way for the miles ahead. Today was just going North over Mount Nebo which is alway epic. So amazing and beautiful. Now just hanging out at an old friends house. Turbo, Kelly and fam are amazing. Bummed Turbo is at work but that's how it works. Kelly let me grab a proper shower and even fed me! Now with some Wifi and getting in touch with the outside world I'm good to go again. Kelly is amazing. Thank you so much. Now off to the next campground in North East Utah!I'll try to post pix as soon as possible.

2 comments:

  1. Oo I bet Mom will love reading this one. 2000 feet - wheeeeee! Glad you're safe, and hang on to those handlebars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! Mom was just thrilled! Well, maybe with that little incident under your belt, there won't be any more mishaps! At least I can hope ;) Glad that there were some good people to help you out.

    ReplyDelete

Followers