Monday, September 14, 2009

Just a few bits I liked having for my trip

Here are just a few things that I really enjoyed having and worked very well on my last 3 week solo trip. There is more on my list but I figured these are some top picks and I hope this helps someone else figure out what they will pack on their next trip. 



Ergon Pack - It's like a Camelbak on steroids. I frame and ball let you move freely and can hold a bunch of gear, food, whatever you need. I'll have this with me for all my rides if I'm packing light or heavy


Also don't forget the NUUN's tablets for electrolyte replacement. Easy to use, easy to carry and doesn't get your Camelbak bladder nasty. 


Photobucket


Orikaso plate, bowl and cup. Light, compact, durable. Great stuff

Photobucket



Weller Butane Soldering Torch - Need to fix something, start a fire. This is it

Photobucket


How can you go into the woods without an axe? The Fiskars is Light, small and strong. Plus you can use it as a hammer. I know I'll have this one for a long time.

Photobucket


MSR Whisperlite stove was great to have. Worked great even at 12k. 

Photobucket


A great way to make coffee is with REI's french press mug. It sure helped me through a few mornings. 

Photobucket


If you need some light but can't pack a big lantern then the Black Diamond Orbit is great. If you're solo you really don't need more than this and you will most likely have your headlamp as well. It also has little hooks that I used to hang it from the top of my tent. 

Photobucket


I won't go anywhere without my Gerber Suspension. This little thing helped me out of a few jams while still using it for cutting up chorizo 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers