Thursday, September 10, 2009

More pix from the start of the trip!

   In my haste to get a few reports out I wasn't able to download all my photos of the trip. Here is the part two of the ride report!

    First stop on my trip was Zion. This place like all of the parks I vistited is magical. As I waited in line to get to my camping spot the weather was warm and sunny. 20 minutes later a thunderstorm rolled in and just as I got the rain fly on my tent the storm let go. Throwing everything in the tent I waited it out and then the sky cleared and I checked out the park. The bus system is great there and super easy to get around. 


  Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Nice little rock slide in action


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



Going East through the park and then heading North and back West to Beaver Utah the terrain kept changing and was never boring to say the least. 


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket





A few little adjustments with the gear set up along the way from the harsher parts of the dirt roads and I was back on my way. 



Photobucket



Photobucket



I went past Big John's Flat and up over the highest pass. The bike worked great and I couldn't believe I was up there. The ride down to Freemont Indian Park campground took forever but was worth every inch. 


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket



The sand stone at the park was amazing. Never saw anything like this for the rest of my trip. 


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket





My next day was to go over Mt Nebo, catch up with friends and then to Moosehorn Campground. Once again as with every night  so far I would be racing against the thunderstorms to get my tent up and gear covered. At almost 11k this would be my start of camping at altitude. 


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket




The biggest day of the trip as far as going into a remote area and the longest day on dirt it would turn out to be the highlight of the trip. If you ever get a chance to go from LaBarge WY to Alpine by way of LaBarge creek rd. to Grey's River Rd. I highly recommend this. Just note that Grey's will be closed in 2010. 


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Dumped the bike just trying to take a picture. Man I was tired


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Near the Lunch Counter, Rode that with my fam when I was 12 yrs old or so


Photobucket



To keep rollin on the high from the dirt ride and river crossing the Tetons were very welcoming. 


Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. That pic of your camping spot with the horned critter is awesome. Love the stars shot.

    ReplyDelete

Followers